Every morning the sun rises, the blue sky opens up its arms, birds sing and beautiful flowers blossom. If we open our eyes to this amazing beauty of nature and start off with our daily activities, we feel peaceful.
But many times, we keep dozing off, putting the alarm to snooze again and again. Nothing feels more relaxed than those few moments of sleep. How we wish that feeling could remain forever! Zzzzz…And then.. After what seems like an eternity, we wake up to find we are late. In a hustle, we push off ourselves from the bed, do our business, brush swiftly, take bath in a flash, whisk the eggs for breakfast, eat in a jiffy and set off to work.
Yet, worry not as we are still better than Mr. Bean! Remember his famous sitcom where he completes all these chores in his car while driving like crazy? Lol!
Fun or frolic, as it may seem on the screen, in reality, this kind of disorder in the morning has a flip side. We feel anxious, agitated, confused and it becomes challenging to carry out the day with vigor.
Mornings are precious. Make them productive.
It is said that if we could win our mornings, the whole day is won. When we establish morning routines, things start getting in control regardless of what the outer situations offer.
In fact, morning routines are the productivity secret of many successful individuals. This is the time to feel composed and tap into our inner source of energy. It is thus wise to create & organize this initial part of the day. This is another secret of living life in the pink. Let us see how to build these blocks of efficiency:
- Prepare yourself the day before: It is always easy with some groundwork. Start preparing the earlier evening by completing your tasks beforehand, having well-timed dinner, taking a relaxing bath with warm water & bath salts, and sleeping early.
- Switch off from the digital world: Everyone loves their smartphones and gadgets. But using them near your bed is associated with worse quality of sleep, according to a new study. So, unplug yourself from the digital world at least an hour before and get a sound slumber.
- Empower yourself with morning activities: Get into action. You may not find it fruitful right away. But remember, there is no happiness without action. So, breathe, meditate, exercise, yoga or whatever practice you cherish. Connect with your holy source of joy. Slowly, this will act as a fuel to the routine. These activities will do the same job a cup of tea is doing now.
- Take a refreshing shower: The heat generated in the body due to exercise or walk gets cooled off with an energizing shower. It gives back the vigor and thwarts dullness.
- Add a dose of nutrition: A health drink like Amla or Aloe juice after getting up and multivitamins or a glass of fresh protein shake for breakfast help to keep active throughout the day. Avoid tea or coffee with lots of sugar. Have your share of luscious fruits and get functioning. This helps to keep up with the daybreak conventions we are trying to design for a healthy life.
Gradually, following a dedicated schedule will become a ritual. It will go on without your conscious thinking. Till then, develop it like a discipline without being too harsh on yourself. At times, when the morning routine gets disturbed, it is all right to adapt to the change. Still, keep up the job.
Author: Latika Sawhney
Latika Sawhney is an expounder & entrepreneur in the wellness domain. She is also an adept freelancer in web content writing. Using suitable literary devices, along with the knowledge of modern business curves, she endeavors to manifest vital facts to the reader. Her purpose is to provide important information in a coherent manner to make better choices.